Carrots Glacé / Glazed
4 large carrots
pinch (1/16) of salt
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
- In the photo, carrots are cut in roll cut :
Cutting style used for long vegetables such as carrots or burdock. It makes bite-size chunks and displays more of the surface area of the vegetable.
- Place the carrot horizontally on the cutting board. Position your kitchen knife, pointing at ‘ten o’clock’ and cut straight down diagonally. Then roll the carrot 180 degrees and cut straight down again, diagonally. The idea is for each piece to look like a triangle. Continue rolling/cutting all along the length of the vegetable.
- Fill a medium-size pot half-way with water, add salt and on high heat, bring to boil (salt is to retain vibrant color of the vegetable).
- Add cut carrots and boil for 4~5 minutes or until semi-soft. Drain the carrots.
- In the same pot, add butter, sugar and lemon juice and let it come to boil (few seconds). Bring down heat to low and add the carrots. Toss the carrots gently put the lid on the pot and turn off the heat. Carrots will continue cooking while cooling.