Inari Tsume • いなり詰め • Stuffed Fried Tofu
Recipe by: Fae’s Twist & Tango (fae-magazine.com)
• 2 packets inari’age (8 pcs) see photo for the product
• 113 gr/4 oz chicken meat, finely minced (optional)
• 1 large shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced
• 6 pieces string beans thinly bias-sliced
• ½ small carrot, sliced in small julienne
• 1 package shirataki / yam noodle (200 gr/7 oz)
• 8 long leaves of green onions dipped in hot water to blanch
• 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
• 2 tsp sugar
• 1 tsp mirin (Mizkan honteri non-alcoholic mirin)
• 2¼ tsp low-sodium soy-sauce
• 4 Tbsp mirin (Mizkan honteri non-alcoholic mirin)
• 1½ Tbsp low-sodium soy-sauce
◊ Open shirataki package (though it is not a sea product but a yam product, the preserved liquid smells like fish. Once liquid is drained and rinsed, the smell will disappear). In medium-sized non-stick sauce pan, add water, boil rinsed shirataki for 5 minutes, drain and rinse and let it further drain in the colander. Cut shirataki into 3cm/1″ length and set aside.
◊ Using same saucepan, bring water to a boil, add smidgen of salt and quickly boil cut string beans and carrot. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
◊ Using same saucepan, add oil and heat on medium-high. Add chicken meat and sauté until cooked. Add blanched string beans/carrot, shiitake, shirataki and sauté. Add seasoning A, bring to a boil, turn off heat, and empty contents into a bowl.
◊ Open the packets of inari’age. Gently split each into a pocket. Put 1/8 of fillings in each pocket. Tie gently with blanched spring onion leaves.
◊ In the same sauce pan, add seasoning B, and immerse the 8 stuffed abura’age. Pour water from the side enough to half-way cover the stuffed abura’age. Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Dish out gently and serve beautifully.
~ どうぞめしあがれ • Douzo Meshiagare ~
So, what’s cooking in your kitchen?