Butter Cake with Fruits
Recipe by: Fae’s Twist & Tango (fae-magazine.com)
• 3 large eggs
• 150g / 5.3 oz / ¾ C sugar
• 0~3 T milk (optional, for moister, if needed)
• 225g / 8 oz/ 1¾ C all-purpose-unbleached-flour, sifted twice
• 8g /.3 oz / 1½ tsp baking powder
• 150g / 5.3 oz / 10.5 T butter, melted, cooled
• 200~300g / 7~10.5 oz fruits i.e. diced apples; blueberries; diced pineapple, etc., or mixed
- Preheat oven to 175ºC/350ºF
- With a non-stick spray, spray a 9″ baking pan and line with parchment paper, cut to size.
- Using electric beater, beat eggs on high and gradually add sugar and continue until creamy. Add milk and stop beating.
- With a silicone spatula, gently fold in sifted flour in 4 increments, occasionally scraping down the side of the bowl. Add butter and fold in 3 increments.
- Add fruit(s) and fold. Pour into lined baking pan and spread batter evenly to the edges.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the inserted bamboo skewer comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for a minute. Invert onto a plate (remove parchment paper) and immediately invert onto the cooling rack. When completely cooled, place it on a serving platter and serve.
~ Bon Appétit! ~
Thankful for the memories of 2013 and
looking forward to new adventures in 2014,
I wish you a healthy, happy, and adventurous new year!
Happy Holidays and All The Best for 2014!
So, what’s cooking in your kitchen?
Check out Fae’s → Recipe Index