Salted Caramel Sundae with Hazelnuts
Recipe by: Fae’s Twist & Tango (fae-magazine.com)
—A simple, no fuss, quick, enjoyable dessert, in vogue!
• 2/3 cup (158 ml/130 gr) best quality caramel sauce, suits your diet
• 1/4 tsp fine sea salt (regular salt works too)
• 2 cups/1 pint (437 ml) ice-cream/yogurt ice-cream of choice (I used coffee flavor)
• 1 cup sweetened whipped cream (beat ½ cup heavy cream with 2 Tbsp confectioner’s sugar)
• 4 Tbsp hazelnut (or nut of choice) roasted and chopped small
◊ In a non-stick small saucepan, add caramel sauce and salt. Heat over medium heat, stir until salt is dissolved, and right before boiling. Let it cool.
◊ Scoop ¼ of ice-cream in each sundae serving dish, add ¼ of whipped cream, pour ¼ of salted caramel and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp of nuts.
~ Bon Appétit! ~
So, what’s cooking in your kitchen?