I’m back from my 6-week, grand trip to Japan and am ending a 2 month hiatus! Still shaking-off jet-lag to be active with my blogging again, with full energy. I have a number of Japanese stories and foods to share with you and this will definitely happen in my upcoming posts. But first, I would like to share a privilege I experienced upon my return, which profoundly touched me.
A few days before I left on my trip to Japan, for the second time, after the Naw-Ruz recipe round-up, the same group of Persian bloggers -now grown in number- were planning to put together First International Mehregan Cyber-Feast featuring theme recipes by Persian food bloggers around the world.
It was an honor to participate. However, it was not feasible for me to contribute and pull my weight while travelling. I asked to be excused, and to participate and support in spirit. Upon my return however, to my utmost delight, I discovered that the team had included my blog/recipe in the round-up.
Mehregan – جشن مهرگان
Mehregan, festival of the autumnal equinox in September (celebrated in early October), and the corresponding Naw-Rúz are the two great annual pre-Zoroastrianism festivals of Iran. Celebrated in the Persian calendar month of Mehr /مهر, meaning kindness and affection/love, is also referred to as Persian Autumn/Fall Festival and Festival of Thanksgiving. Mehr month also corresponded to farmers’ harvest time. They celebrated, thanking God for giving them food to survive the upcoming cold months. It is a day during which everyone shows the mehr or the love they have for each other and is one of the most important days of the year.
Indeed, this group of Persian bloggers has shown me Mehr. Although it is a belated post, I do not want to lose the opportunity… I feel honored and proud to mention with respect, the International Mehregan Cyber-Feast participants.
Even if not in one sitting, please do explore these extravagant recipe round-up presentations, and get to know these exquisitely talented bloggers.
• Ahu Eats Badoom Sookhte Torsh
• All Kinds of Yum Jeweled Carrot Salad
• Bottom of the Pot Broccoli Koo Koo
• Cafe Leilee Northern Iranian Pomegranate Garlic and Chicken Stew
• Coco in the Kitchen Zeytoon Parvardeh
• Della Cucina Povera Ghormeh Sabzi
• Fae’s Twist & Tango Rice Meatballs | Kufteh Berenji
• Family Spice Khoreshteh Kadoo | Butternut Squash Stew
• Fig & Quince Festive Persian Noodle Rice & Roasted Chicken Stuffed with Yummies for Mehregan
• Honest and Tasty Loobia Polo | Beef and Green Bean Rice
• Lab Noon Adas Polo Risotto Style
• Lucid Food Sambuseh
• Marjan Kamali Persian Ice Cream with Rosewater and Saffron
• My Caldron Anaar-Daneh Mosamma | Pomegranate Stew
• My Persian Kitchen Keshmesh Polow | Persian Raisin Rice
• Noghlemey Parsi Dal
• Parisa’s Kitchen Morasa Polow | Jeweled Rice
• Persian Spice Fall in Love with Autumn
• Sabzi Yogurt Soup with Meatballs
• The Saffron Tales Khorosht-e Gheimeh
• Simi’s Kitchen Lita Turshisi | Torshi-e Liteh | Tangy Aubergine Pickle
• Spice Spoon Khoresht-e-Bademjaan | Saffron-scented Aubergine Stew
• Turmeric & Saffron Ash-a Haft Daneh | Seven Bean Soup
• The Unmanly Chef Baghali Polow ba Mahicheh
• ZoZoBaking Masghati