A perfect salad with bursts of fruity sweet, savory cheese and creamy nutty taste, all in one bite!
Recipe by: Fae’s Twist & Tango (fae-magazine.com)
• 1 fuyu persimmon, peeled, cored, cut into half-moon thin pieces
• 100 gr/3.5 oz baby arugula
• 1~2 Tbsp feta cheese -or- blue cheese, crumbled
• 1~2 Tbsp roasted pine nuts –or- roasted coarsely chopped peanuts, or nuts of choice
• 4 Tbsp orange juice
• 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
• 1½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• salt, ground black pepper and maybe sugar to taste
◊ In a serving platter, layer arugula, topped with persimmon cuts, cheese, pine-nuts.
◊ Combine orange juice and rice vinegar. If orange juice is not sweet enough, add ¼ tsp sugar at a time until desired taste. Add salt (cheese has salt too) and pepper to taste.
~ Bon Appétit! ~
♦ This post was originally published on 2013/11/13 under title International Salad Bar
♦ Check out other beautiful salads on Recipe Index
So, what’s cooking in your kitchen?